Monday, July 26, 2010

Names To Buy - 7/26/10

I wanted to post a quick message with some names I am rating as a buy right now:
1) Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) - $57.74 per share currently.  JNJ recently posted earnings of $1.21/share on the 21st of July, beating estimates.  JNJ is currently yielding 3.74% (the 10-year US Treasury is currently 3.03%), is trading at 2.54x price to sales and an 11.91 PE ratio.

2) Kimberly Clark (KMB) - $64.13 per share.  KMB just reported earnings of $1.20, beating by $.07.  KMB currently yields 4.12%, trades at 1.33x price to sales, 9.49x price to cash, and carries a 13.59 PE ratio.

Finally...
3) Marathon Oil (MRO) - $33.37 per share.  Marathon will report earnings on August 3rd.  MRO yields 3.00%, trades at .38x price to sales, 1.05x price to book, 5.26x price to cash flow, and carries a PE of 16.98. 

I think all three of these names are excessively cheap.  As I have detailed in other posts, I think the market is primed for a sustained up leg.  All of these names are yielding near or higher than the 10-year US Treasury, and have exception valuations, especially Marathon.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER: I started this blog as a way for people to exchange ideas relating to investing and finance, primarily. I am in no way a professional in these areas, merely a student of the financial world. The thoughts expressed on these pages have no connection to my employer in any way. Anybody reading this blog should do so with caution, exercise their own judgment, and do their own due diligence on any financial undertaking. About Me: I reside in New Jersey with my wife and my two dogs. I have a B.S. degree in Accounting with a minor in Finance, as well as an MBA in Accounting. Currently, I am employed as a forensic accountant, and am pursuing my CPA designation. I love the stock market, and picking stocks. I spend a great deal of time analyzing market data, as well as individual names.

Followers