Friday, April 16, 2010

The Value Added Tax

Many of you who watch the news have been bombarded with the speculation/rumors that the current administration is thinking about adding a value added tax in order to help recoup some of our current and future deficit.  For those of you who don't know, the value added tax, or VAT is basically a federal sales tax, tacked on top of the state sales tax, which is on top of any federal income or wage taxes you may pay.  This has been a popular idea in the past, but usually the idea was to replace the federal tax system with the VAT.  Here is a link to a great article on another blog that I follow.  Please read it, as it is very informative.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER: I started this blog as a way for people to exchange ideas relating to investing and finance, primarily. I am in no way a professional in these areas, merely a student of the financial world. The thoughts expressed on these pages have no connection to my employer in any way. Anybody reading this blog should do so with caution, exercise their own judgment, and do their own due diligence on any financial undertaking. About Me: I reside in New Jersey with my wife and my two dogs. I have a B.S. degree in Accounting with a minor in Finance, as well as an MBA in Accounting. Currently, I am employed as a forensic accountant, and am pursuing my CPA designation. I love the stock market, and picking stocks. I spend a great deal of time analyzing market data, as well as individual names.

Followers