Monday, February 8, 2010

Portfolio Update 2/8/10

Before reading, please see the disclaimer in the 'About Me' section.

Here goes...

Today the Wilshire 5000 closed at 10,913.90, down from
11,330.55 since my last post on 2/3/10. The Wilshire 5000 is now 4.00% above it's 200-day moving average. The last few weeks have been a pretty solid consolidation in the market. In my opinion, this is a reason to be bullish, and why I have recently filled the portfolio.

The Investor's Intelligence Survey was released on Thursday night of last week, as it is every week. This survey is a measurement of the sentiment in the market. This week's reading was 38.9% BULLS, and 22.2% BEARS, for a spread of 16.7%. This is in comparison to a reading of 40.0% BULLS, and 23.3% BEARS, for a spread of 16.7% on January 26th. The spread between bulls and bears has remained constant, however, there are fewer of each out there in the market right now. Again, I see this as bullish.

The Volatility Index closed today at 26.51, up from 21.60 at the date of my last post.

Now for the portfolio...
1) Verizon at $28.37, down 14.15% for the year (ouch...still).

2) AT&T closed at $26.25, down 1.65% for the year.

3) GE closed at $15.60, up by 3.11% for the year.

4) Citigroup closed at $3.15, down by 4.83% for the year.

5) TBT, the doubleshort U.S. Treasury ETF closed at $46.77, down by 6.23% since our buy.

6) FXP, the doubleshort China ETF, closed at $10.41, up 20.77% since my buy.

7) GOOD closed at $13.82, up by 2.52% since my buy.

8) NLY closed at $17.88, up by 3.17% since my buy.

9) X closed at $44.09, down by 0.05% since my buy.

10) AAPL closed at $194.12, up by 0.19% since my buy.

Overall, the portfolio is up by .27% (-4.27% for the DOW Dogs), versus -5.08% for the Wilshire 5000. I have widened a nice 5.35% gap against the market for the year, up from 2.80% last week.

Some of you have commented on my recent transactions, and as always, such commentary is greatly appreciated. Please pass this blog along to family and friends, and get them participating as well.

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

DISCLAIMER: I started this blog as a way for people to exchange ideas relating to investing and finance, primarily. I am in no way a professional in these areas, merely a student of the financial world. The thoughts expressed on these pages have no connection to my employer in any way. Anybody reading this blog should do so with caution, exercise their own judgment, and do their own due diligence on any financial undertaking. About Me: I reside in New Jersey with my wife and my two dogs. I have a B.S. degree in Accounting with a minor in Finance, as well as an MBA in Accounting. Currently, I am employed as a forensic accountant, and am pursuing my CPA designation. I love the stock market, and picking stocks. I spend a great deal of time analyzing market data, as well as individual names.

Followers